The HOT FROG Living Composter (Vermicomposter) is the 2nd generation of worm composters created by FCMP Outdoor. We’ve incorporated some terrific design updates in our latest version.
1) A moisture control water retention channel runs around the outside of each tray. Instead of allowing the liquids to fall directly through the tray this channel gathers moisture to prevent the bedding from drying out along the edges.
2) When it’s time to expand your living composter a collection of 40 angled tunnels extend down from the base of each tray directly into the bedding of the tray below. This provides ample opportunity for worms to migrate between trays.
3) Aeration is important for happy worms and good compost. A series of support points are molded into the lower edge of the trays. This raises the trays slightly allowing 360 degrees of airflow across the bedding.
4) The double walled lid and base provide excellent insulation against temperature swings helping to maintain an ideal environment. Happy worms are productive worms.
5) The spigot on the bottom allows you to collect the worm tea easily with no mess!
In addition to our updated features the HOT FROG Living Composter also has all the features traditionally found in worm composters. 1) The liquid collected in the reservoir base is known as worm tea. Mix 1 part tea with 1 part water to create an excellent fertilizer for plants. 2) The speed and efficiency of the vermicomposting process keeps typical composing odor to a minimum and allows the unit to be kept inside and used year-round. 3) Constructed from BPA free UV inhibited recycled polyethylene the plastic is contact safe and will not degrade if outside under direct sunlight. The maple hardwood legs are stained and urethane sealed for years of good looks
- Dimensions: 15″ x 15″ x 22″
- Each Tray holds aprox. 3 gallons
- Comes with one brick of coconut coir and shredded paper to use as bedding.
- Free Shipping within the lower 48 states.